no excuses

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Image from Toni_V's photostream


Really...I have no excuses. It has been a week since I posted last, and things just seem to have gotten really busy. Take note:




  • C and M both have 2 soccer practices each week
  • C and M also have basketball practice once a week
  • Both soccer and basketball seasons (for Molly)have started, that is several games each day of the weekend
  • Todd is the asst. coach for C's soccer team and I am the manager for M's
  • We are so glad that Carson didn't fight us over not playing baseball. Those practices started already too.
  • The race is 19 days away. I have been running. A Lot.
  • We have refinanced our house and had 2 appraisals
  • I went to Atlanta
  • I finished reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
  • Todd and I are the chair-people for a charity party to be held on April 24th. Lots of committee meetings have been had
  • We're hiring a new employee...interviews and paperwork
  • There are only 6 weeks of school left for C and M. Field trips and "stuff" happening all the time now

Some days I have great thoughts that I want to take time and expand on, but by the time I get somewhere quiet for a few minutes, they are gone. Just. Like. That. On the other hand, I have really been enjoying the quiet reading time the kids and I spend together almost every evening(weekends included!) Bless those teachers for requiring at least 20 minutes of reading as homework every night. I hope and pray I am raising readers. To spend time with them snuggled up on the couch just reading is my personal heaven.


How about you? Are you feeling harried and hurried as this winter turns to spring? Tonight I WILL take a few photos of the brilliant tulips beginning to show their color. I think they may have been spared from the brunt of the 14 inches of snow we got 10 days ago.

Comments

One response to “no excuses”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Hello there! Can you e-mail me when you have a chance on the notebook project? I've tried to reach you via e-mail but am not sure if you've received my messages. Thanks! run4istrun [at] gmail.

Happy Easter!