Saturday, May 31, 2008
1. WTF is she wearing?
2. She's the spokesperson for Dunkin Donuts? I will forever boycott them, which will be hard because I do love me some of their bagels and cream cheese in the morning when I am traveling.
3. Read about Michelle Malkin's theory of RR-as-terrorist here.
Thanks, Crazed Mom of 3 for the tip!
Friday, May 30, 2008
So, introducing a new feature for all 11 of you readers:
Word of the Day. Now, don't get you panties all in a wad, there won't be a new word EVERY day (I'm way too busy around here to do that much work.) When I am reminded of, stumble across or learn a new word, I will post it. Your only job is to use it in a sentence that very day you read it. That's it...nothing else. I will use it in a sentence myself for you, while revealing just a bit about what's happening in my life.
Have a blast!
Today's word is: agog
From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:
Main Entry: agog
Etymology: Middle French en gogues in mirth
: full of intense interest or excitement : eager
My sentence: Molly was all agog today upon seeing her newest newborn cousin, Ella.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Just to let you know: Yesterday, I put on a pair of capris that I hadn’t worn since the last time it was hot in Kansas. Why is this important?
Because I am so allergic to Poison Ivy that the urushiol oil (yes, I have become an expert, and this oil is actually what makes one itch) from the leaves of some random poison ivy plant last year was still on these pants.
Yesterday morning I noticed a suspicious looking streak near my eyebrow, and throughout the day, more itchy-red-streaky-spots developed.
Today, I have a full blown case of the ivy-itches.
Have a great holiday weekend!
I will be in the GD shower, standing under water as hot as I can stand, trying not to itch!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
thanks, Crazed Mom of 3 for tipping me off on this one!
read more here...if you dare.
Tonight my book group friends got together for a few drinks and eats after work to celebrate one of our birthdays. Sigh...I have the best friends.
We sat outside (it was a wonderful 70 degrees) and had some bean dip, fruit pizza, watermelon, and brownies. That stuff with a few Shock Top and Rising Moon Spring Ale beers made for the perfect evening.
The kiddos ran around playing and stayed out of trouble, and the husbands were somewhere else.
Why is it that a last minute get-together with not a lot of planning turns out to be the best?
I love my friends!
Monday, May 19, 2008
- my 6 year old daughter? Possibly, but I am pretty sure she didn't use "my" bathroom tonight.
- my almost-eight year old son? This is a better possibility since we have him taking Miralax due to a severely "backed up intestine" (as said by the doctor). He announced when I picked him up after work today that he has pooped 8 timed today. Poor kid. However, he always uses the "kids" bathroom when he goes to the bathroom, so I am pretty sure it wasn't him either
- my husband? Since he only uses toilet paper once per day when he goes "2" and he has been banished to "his" (the small 1/2 bath that no one but him uses) bathroom, I don't think it was him either.
So, as I was walking around in my tank top and underwear (with all of the windows and doors open because it is so effing hot in my house today) cursing under my breath while going across the house to the supply closet, I came to this conclusion:
IT WAS ME. Crap! That sucks!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
here are a few more that I wish he had seen:
nice...(buy it here)
the best part about this one is that it is obviously sandwiched between some other stickers! If you can get away with putting this on your car, buy it here!
not a bumper sticker but still funny! Thanks, Voodoo Zebra!
I might just have to write a whole different blog just recapping some of my conversations with my husband! He is funny!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- the massage chair (which is a totally un-natural feeling, but I love it anyhow)
- that hot, bubbly water
- that sandpaper thing she uses to remove callouses on my heels and toes
- the tingly peppermint mask on my feet (and the resulting 10 minutes to do nothing but close my eyes and relax!
- THE FOOT AND LEG RUB!
- when the girl uses an orange stick to push back my cuticles and remove the toe jam
- how bad it tickles when she uses the sandpaper thing to remove callouses
- waiting for the polish to dry
- watching the girl clean and "sanitize" the foot bath after I'm done.
Go out and get yourself a pedicure today...you deserve it!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Emily referred to this song, and I had to go right out and buy it on itunes...makes you smile while listing, doesn't it?