Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
A crisp, white linen blouse (mine is from Allen Allen, but i couldn't find it on the 'net)
A pair of spring-green pants from the Gap, again years ago.
Cutest spring Qupid shoes. I got mine at The Buckle years ago
(could be why they are dirt cheap right now!)
While I was at home today, I made the best spring-time lunch:
egg salad made from farm-fresh eggs, with fresh dill on hearty white bread
- served with fresh radishes
- and a Diet Coke (natch)
Monday, April 27, 2009
bib number: H1689
overall place: 3998 out of 5773
division place: 385 out of 594
gender place: 2175 out of 3585
- Once again, the car ride to OKC and back with the 5 of us was as memorable as the race!
- OKC is a great place to visit...many great places to eat and see
- 19,000 people in one place getting ready to run is a sight to see.
- 19,000 people running up and over a bridge ahead of you looks like a wave of human bodies.
- If there is ever a race in your area, go out to cheer the runners on. Especially at the finish line. I had energy I never knew I had for those last 4-5 blocks.
- Streets with spilled water, cups, and smashed pretzels and oranges are pretty slick.
- 5 women (ages ranging from 37 to 51) getting out of a van after running 13.1 miles and then riding for several hours look really, really funny. We could hardly walk, and were giddy with the adrenaline of friendship and running and racing.
- The larger the race, the less likely it is that you will ever run without many, many people surrounding you.
- A cheeseburger after running 13.1 miles sounds like it would be delicious, but I couldn't even imagine lifting my hand to my mouth after the race. Boy, they sure did smell good though!
- I'm pretty sure I have no desire to run a full marathon...ever!
On tap next: A 5K trail run in early June with the same girls. In September we are all going to do a mini-triathlon in Kansas City. There will be several other gals joining us for that one. I can't wait!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
**image from here
Thursday, April 9, 2009
- Do you require the tp be hung over (like above) or under?
- Do you change it (if possible) when you are in the bathroom and it isn't "your way?"
- Do you prank folks who you know have a preference?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- C and M both have 2 soccer practices each week
- C and M also have basketball practice once a week
- Both soccer and basketball seasons (for Molly)have started, that is several games each day of the weekend
- Todd is the asst. coach for C's soccer team and I am the manager for M's
- We are so glad that Carson didn't fight us over not playing baseball. Those practices started already too.
- The race is 19 days away. I have been running. A Lot.
- We have refinanced our house and had 2 appraisals
- I went to Atlanta
- I finished reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
- Todd and I are the chair-people for a charity party to be held on April 24th. Lots of committee meetings have been had
- We're hiring a new employee...interviews and paperwork
- There are only 6 weeks of school left for C and M. Field trips and "stuff" happening all the time now
Some days I have great thoughts that I want to take time and expand on, but by the time I get somewhere quiet for a few minutes, they are gone. Just. Like. That. On the other hand, I have really been enjoying the quiet reading time the kids and I spend together almost every evening(weekends included!) Bless those teachers for requiring at least 20 minutes of reading as homework every night. I hope and pray I am raising readers. To spend time with them snuggled up on the couch just reading is my personal heaven.
How about you? Are you feeling harried and hurried as this winter turns to spring? Tonight I WILL take a few photos of the brilliant tulips beginning to show their color. I think they may have been spared from the brunt of the 14 inches of snow we got 10 days ago.