Manbag/Murse

Tuesday, September 16, 2008


From Wikipedia:


Manbags (a portmanteau of 'man' and 'handbags') are fashionable bags for men. Sometimes also called murse (a portmanteau of 'man' and 'purse'). Though the traditional briefcase is technically a manbag, in the current sense of the term, manbags refer to messenger bags and reporter bags. Popular[citation needed] brands include Prada, Louis Vuitton, Tumi, Gucci,Lacoste,Balenciaga, Timbuk2 and Crumpler.


So T and I were eating lunch at Schlotzky's (funny name, serious sandwich) today and this guy walks in and is in line with a woman and the following conversation occurs:


Me: "Look, that guy totally has a murse. It's even smaller than a regular messenger bag, so I think that qualifies it as a murse."


T: "Nuh uh."


Me: "Yes-huh. Look at it. He even has it over his shoulder like a purse"


T: "No way. It has to be like his box lunch or something."


Me: "No really, I have been reading about murses, they are all over these days. Besides, why would he come into Schlotzky's with a freakin' box lunch?"


T: "There are absolutely NO murses this side of the Appalachian Mountains."


Me: "Whatever."


So, I continue to watch this guy as he gets nearer to the order counter, and sure enough, he places the bag on the counter, and pulls out...


HIS CHECKBOOK/WALLET THINGY!


I WIN! I WIN! I WIN!


T still claims It was only an illusion. Or else, he was hiding a vagina in his pants.

Comments

One response to “Manbag/Murse”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Ya, definitely hiding a vag.

:)

I got G a messenger bag for his b-day (can't remember if I told you or not) and he won't ever call it that. It's a "book bag" to him. (Sounds like my grandma!)