Man, I'm Good...

Monday, September 22, 2008

image from Naturemom's blog



Well, not so much, but when it comes to the fall (which it is in Kansas already) I am all about cooking. The summer, not so much. I am not really hungry in the Kansas heat, and I usually forget about having to feed my kids in the months of June, July and August. Thank God for Todd. He is the griller of the family, and we let him take care of dinner those months.

But come fall, I am all for eating. I love to eat warm, cooked-all-day-long foods. I love to eat steaks and stews. I love fall harvest apples and pears made into pies, crisps and cobblers. I love a good glass of wine, or a cold beer with dinner.


Tonight was no exception. The menu:




  • Scalloped ham and potatoes cooked in the crock pot for most of the day
  • Fresh pears
  • Apple crisp
  • A cold glass of Kim Crawford

The best part about it all was that the potatoes were freshly dug on Saturday, and the apples were picked from Aunt Helen's tree a few weeks ago. The pears came from a friend's house as well. You just can't get better than that.



Now I'm on the porch enjoying the sunset, watching the dog chase herself around the swing set, and psyching myself up for my run.

Wish you were here!




Comments

2 Responses to “Man, I'm Good...”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah, Fall has arrived in Portland, too. Next time invite me over for dinner - sounded lovely!

MRrrahhh! Wish I were there, too. :)