Yet Another Reunion Story

Sunday, August 3, 2008


A few months ago when we were starting on this whole 20th HS reunion thing, Some of my friends decided I would be good at the job of finding classmates. I think because I still live in the town we graduated from, they thought that I would see lost of folks out and about the town...whatever.


So I was at the mall one day and I saw, sitting at a table in the food court, one of our classmates. Mind you that I couldn't for the life of me think of her name, but I was sure she graduated with us. I approached her table and had the following conversation:


Me: "Did you go to Central?"

TB (her): "Uh, Yeah"

Me: "Didn't you graduate in 1989?"

TB: "Yeah"

Me: "Great, so we're working on the 20th reunion and I was wondering if I could have your email address so I could forward the link to our website to you?"

TB: "Um, OK"

Me: "Thanks so much! I will email you soon. Good to see you!"


She thought I was some sort of stalker or something. I know it. I mean, I think she might have recognized me, but she was totally hesitant to give me her email address, and didn't really make eye contact.


A few weeks later, I finally got around to digging her address out of my purse, and I send her the link. Guess what? The email got returned. I KNEW IT! She totally gave me a fake email address. Nice.


Comments

2 Responses to “Yet Another Reunion Story”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

NO! A faker!? I can't believe it!!!!

The unenthusiastic and sketchy ones always turn out to be liars!