signs and landmarks

Friday, July 10, 2009


When I am running or biking (and sometimes swimming) I am a very goal oriented person. Most often, my goals are signs and landmarks. For example:


*run hard to that next telephone pole

*take a drink after the next big hill

*down-shift after crossing the next driveway

*stride big past the cemetary


Are you a goal setter? Like all things in life, having small goals helps me to feel accomplished, and makes something that is hard just a bit easier.
>>image from here
ps, I just realized another reason (the main one?) that I hate the treadmill...no landmarks, nothing to get a goal for...

Comments

One response to “signs and landmarks”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

oh yes i agree. I do the same thing. Just make it to the phone pole or that mailbox...it helps to hava landmarks especially those moments when you're stuggling or running up a large hill.